Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Mommy goes back to work


On November the 10th, my maternity leave was over.  Jacob was over 13 weeks old and I had to go to work one day that week.  I was very apprehensive about returning to work and so sad about leaving my sweet baby.  The biggest blessing was that Steph was going to be able to keep him while I worked until the Thanksgiving break.  Emily LOVED having Jacob there and Jacob would just watch her run around and play all day long!  Luckily, Jacob was sleeping through the night by the time that I went back to work, so I was pretty well rested each day.  I missed him sooooo much that first week. . . I wasn't sure how Brett was going to live with me!  Now, (January) Brett's schedule is such that he can keep him during the day and then I take over at 3pm as he goes out to class or works at the church.  Jacob LOVES getting to spend such quality time with his daddy.  They are BEST friends!
I am soooooo excited to see Jacob when I get home from work!  We read books, play with cups, feed a bottle, take walks, and just enjoy being together!  This is me reading one of my favorite books, "I Love You Through and Through."
As you can see, Jacob was very happy at Aunt Stephanie's.  This is a picture that she took on her sofa.

I was so thankful that Steph was able to take such great care of him while Brett and I worked and went to class.  I think Emmy is the most sad that they aren't together now.  She did such a great job taking care of "Baycup."

No comments:

Post a Comment