Thursday, December 1, 2011

Hospital Stay

Our stay at Rex Hospital in Raleigh, NC was truly wonderful.  The staff was super friendly and took time to really get to know us.  We especially bonded with two of the nurses who took time to get to know our families as well.  The food was amazing for me and the nurses took great care of Jacob.  Someone from Wake Forest Pediatrics would come by each day to see him, and other than him being a little jaundiced, he was a perfectly healthy baby!


The hospital really encouraged "skin on skin" time to promote a healthy start to feeding.  As you can see, it was one of the sweetest parts of our day together.
Jacob loved to sleep in his daddy's arms from the beginning.  We would hold him for hours in the hospital.
This was his first "checkup" and Brett snapped a picture to show me.
Here I am taking a rest with my sweet baby.  I was EXHAUSTED from the laboring and then the surgery and would literally have to sleep every time Jacob did or I would crash!
Brett brought me flowers for being a new mommy!  I loved them and only recently threw them away (at 3 months).

No comments:

Post a Comment