Saturday, December 3, 2011

Coming Home!

Getting our little one home was quite the adventure!  To get out of the hospital, like 10 different doctors and nurses have to sign off (okay, I'm exaggerating, but it felt like it!)  Then, Brett went to take all our stuff and get the car while mom and I got our last things together.  The nurse pushed me out of the hospital with Jacob in my arms and we were off to our new adventure of being parents!  We couldn't believe the world thought we were ready!

The ride home took an hour and forty five minutes, though we could normally do it in 35.  We had to stop to get my pain meds for the c-section and drive SUPER slowly because my poor stomach could feel every bump in the road.  Did you know that the interstate is actually bumpy too?  Now I can't feel them, but that first day was rough.  Then, 15 mins from our house we hit a torrential rain storm.  Brett was having to squint through the windshield and have the wipers on full blast.  We finally made it home and stopped a second to rest on the fouton.  It was so nice to be back at our house, although I had liked someone else doing the cooking!
Here's the proud parents!  We were already so in love with him!
Taking a rest in his newborn napper.

Emmy wasn't sure about mama having someone else in her arms.
Mom held Jacob for hours that first week and helped me get some naps during the day!
He liked his swing from day one (or it was really day six).
First bath with Jacob!  He screamed the entire time :)  He didn't finally start liking his baths until like 6 wks.  Mom helped with this first bath letting us know what to do b/c I was so worried I might bathe him wrong!  Now I know they aren't breakable :)
Our Sweet Pea

No comments:

Post a Comment