Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Nana comes to stay!

As soon as my mom left, Brett's mom hopped in the car to come visit.  And by "visit" I mean HELP. . . big time!  She jumped in right where my mom left off, washing bottles, cleaning, and cooking us some delicious food.  She even cooked some extra so that my freezer would be full of easy dishes for when I was  on my own for dinner.  Jacob would nap in her arms for hours, and I don't know who looked happier!  On the nights before Brett would work, Jacob got to see Nana's smiling face in the middle of the night.  It really was so humbling to see how happy the grandmas were in the middle of the night.  I definitely took inspiration from Sylvia's sweet talking to Jacob when I was so exhausted I thought I couldn't even converse with a wall!


I am so thankful to have such a kind and loving mother-in-law!  I called her two or three times on her way up and was so sad to see her go on that Sunday.  She could tell when she arrived that I was READY for reinforcements!  I am so blessed to not only have a wonderful grandmother for Jacob, but also a friend in Sylvia.  Brett and I loved having you here to spend such special days with us. . . we were so thankful that you were able to take the time to get to know Jacob and love on us!

No comments:

Post a Comment