Sunday, November 20, 2011

My Wonderful Husband!

When Brett and I started dating (10 years ago now), I thought he was cute, sweet, and tons of fun.  When I said yes to marrying him, I knew I was going spend the rest of my life with an amazing husband.  As the years went by, both of us started getting really excited about being parents.  We couldn't wait to start our family and have a sweet one to love.  I could never have imagined the wonderful father that Brett would be to our baby boy.  Brett comes in the door excited to see Jacob. . . and Jacob is even more excited to see his daddy!  When Brett holds him, he gets the biggest grin on his face like he is the happiest baby in the universe!  I truly think that the ultimate display of Brett's love and devotion to me and Jacob was seen in our 5 day hospital stay.


 Because Jacob was a little stuck, they had to tug a little harder to get him out and did some extra damage.  I was absolutely useless for about four days of our hospital stay!  Brett had to do everything for Jacob as I could not even stand to change his diaper for the first three or four days.  Brett helped me to sit up, lay down, stand up, walk. . . everything!  That first night, Brett was the only one that could hop up every time little one made a wimper.  He laughs later that he doesn't think he slept one minute that night! I believe it!
 The hospital is super great to the mom of the baby, bringing delicious food three times a day.  Unfortunately, papa doesn't get to enjoy this benefit.  Poor Brett would go like 12-15 hours with no food until my mom would come and "rescue" him in the mornings so that he could leave for an hour and get some Zaxby's.  Of course, there was no complaining from him and he was only concerned about me feeling better and getting back on my feet.
 I love this man so much and write this so that I can remember the funny parts of our long hospital stay and so that Jacob will know one day how much his daddy loved him from minute one.
 I adore you Brett and Jacob does too!

No comments:

Post a Comment