Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Welcome Jacob Isaiah! (Part 1)

As the beginning of our blog, it is only fitting to begin with the birth of our sweet baby boy Jacob!  He is now 14 weeks old and I have been postponing starting the blog until I had the "perfect" time to write the "perfect" post.  Well, I am now back at work and the moments are fleeting, so I decided that I should just begin anyway!  On the morning of August 8th, I began having contractions 20 mins apart.  Brett and I went to the Dr. to make sure that everything was alright and they confirmed that I was indeed in the early stages of labor.  They said that they might see me that night, or in three days.  We went home and waited out the rest of the day, me progressively feeling worse (or better, since the baby was on the way!)

That night at 1:15 am, my water broke and my contractions became 5 mins apart.  By the time we arrived at the hospital, they were three minutes apart.  I was committed to trying the "natural labor" thing until the pain became unbearable at 8am and I begged for an epidural.  I progressed normally until 12pm and began pushing.  After 2 hours of pushing, baby Jacob wasn't budging and his heart rate was up over 200.  Once I got a fever, they decided it was time for a c-section.  Off we went to the operating room!

Hanging our in our labor room!

Brett coming out of surgery with Jacob!

When we arrived there, the Dr. had a hard time getting our big boy out since we had pushed for so long. At one point, we even heard her yell "Help.  I need some help in here!"  I think Brett was about to go help her at that point!  It wasn't 15 seconds later that we heard the sweetest cry in the entire world!  Our precious baby was in the world and super healthy.  He arrived at 8lbs 14 oz and 21 1/2 inches long!

Our prayers for a healthy baby boy were answered!
Here is Brett changing his first diaper!  He was such a proud daddy!

Mommy adores him so much!

First time getting to meet my baby!  We had loved you from the moment we knew we would have you!

Being a working mama, I will be writing the blog in short bits!  I'm so excited to document how much we love this new life that God has entrusted us with :)

No comments:

Post a Comment