Thursday, January 10, 2013

Crib Playtime

Jacob has a precious little routine when he wakes up in the morning or from a nap.  As soon as he opens those little eyes, he starts jabbering jibberish.  Mamamama dadadad babababa et et et et.  It is super cute to listen to over the monitor.  We can tell if he is awake for good by how spirited the jabbering is.  If he is up for the morning, he starts to talk really loudly and adds some squealing in there with it!  When we walk in, we usually find something like this:
Little precious then gets a great big grin on his face and starts saying mamamamamamam or dadadadaddada depending on who walked in the door.  Then we get to the funny part.  He wants to play in his crib for a LONG time after someone comes in there to get him.  I might have started this months ago when I would throw stuff in his crib and then he would throw it back out (toothpaste, etc.)  He thought it was great fun. . . but now it has expanded to more.  He will roll, crawl, climb, and stand up and down for 10 minutes (or as long as you will let him).
Brett is able to pick him right up out of the crib whenever he feels like it, but I have no such luck.  Since my back is hurt, I have to get Jacob to stand up by the edge of the crib, I kneel down and then pick him up to where he is sitting his bottom on the edge of the crib.  Then I stand up and pull him to me so we can walk 2 steps to the changing table.  He makes it interesting b/c every time I reach in to get him to stand up, he plops his little bottom back down on the mattress and just looks up at me a laughs/smiles.
Just hanging out in my crib. . .
Look at that stinker grin!  Sylvia and George laugh so hard when then see him doing this and even Sylvia is starting to have a hard time getting him out when he is doing his antics!  Love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment