Sunday, December 23, 2012

Rice Box Sensory Play

I really love looking up fun and creative things for Jacob to do.  I saw a post about a sensory bucket for one year olds and decided to make one.  He had a blast!  At first, he wanted to just put his hands in the rice.  Shortly after, he realized that it would be really fun to throw the rice out of the bucket.  I am pretty convinced that he was trying to empty the bucket one handful at a time!

Rice all over the floor!

Sitting in rice :)

We got rice all over the jeans, in our socks, and in our shoes!  However, it kept him very enthralled for like 15 mins, which is an eternity for his age!  When it was over, I just swept up the rice, threw it away and put the bucket with the remaining rice out of reach.  My kitchen floor was cleaner than when we started!

No comments:

Post a Comment