Friday, February 15, 2013

Mommy's Helper :)

There are lots of tasks around the house that Jacob likes to "help" with.  When I am loading/unloading the dishwasher, he likes to help me take everything out of the dishwasher!  The funny thing is that he only picks out HIS stuff to load/unload.  He picks through the silverware and only grabs his spoons.  Then he searches out his plates.
 Unfortunately, a couple of months ago he learned to open the dishwasher by himself.  It is hard for him to walk by it without opening it!  He also knows how to push the levels back in and close the dishwasher.  The other day, I caught him trying to squirt butter into the spot for dish washing liquid!

 Getting his baby spoon :)
 The other thing he likes to help with is the laundry.  He likes to pull the clothes out of the dryer once they are dry. . . onto the floor.  :)  If the dryer door is open, he MUST close it!  He also loves to help me transfer the wet clothes from the washer to the dryer.  I'll hand him a sock, and then I'll put a big handful in while he is working on the sock.  It's the only thing that keeps the door open. . . otherwise, he's slamming it shut!
 He knows when I say "close it". . .
 that he gets to slam it shut!  Sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment