Sunday, March 25, 2012

Organic Baby Food for Little Man :)

So. . . don't think I am one of those super uptight moms or anything. . . but I am making Jacob's baby food!  He loves all the fun creations I have whipped up so far.  The weekend that Lauren was up, we decided to tackle this project.  We made Jacob like a month's worth of baby food in 2.5 hours.  I was overwhelmed before we started, but now I see it is EASY!
We steamed him carrots, peas, green beans, and yellow squash.  Then we baked sweet potatoes, butternut squash (in a water bath), and apples.  After cooking, we pureed it in a food processor (thanks mom) with water and then poured it into babyfood freezing containers and ice trays. 
Here I am cutting up the veggies.
Making yellow squash.

Pureeing carrots--yum!
I tasted everything that I made for Jacob before I put it in the trays.  The funny thing was that it was soooooo GOOD!  Everytime I would taste something, I would say how good it was.  Lauren finally said, "Well, if you ever get your jaw wired shut, you'll be set with something to eat!"  Ha!  I don't think it would really be that good :)

Jacob watching as we were being productive.
Having so much fun in my exersaucer!  I can't wait to eat Mommy and Aunt Lauren's food!
Here I am pouring it into the ice trays.  After it freezes, all I have to do is pop it out and put it in a freezer bag for storage.   Super fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment