Sunday, March 3, 2013

Go Jump in a Lake!

Every year, the Stephens County Literacy Foundation hosts a "Leap for Literacy" event at Lake Louise.  Groups raise money to have one person (or more) jump into Lake Louise in February.  Brett was nominated to jump for First Baptist.  So, on Saturday, Feb 16th Brett jumped in Lake Louise even thought the outside temp was 42 degrees and windy!!!!  The water temp was 37 degrees!  Miserable!

They decided to go with the theme of Duck Dynasty and wore camo and beards.  Nathan Ivester even jumped in with Brett just to be nice!
Freezing while getting ready to jump.
Saying that they are "happy, happy, happy to support literacy!"
Walking the plank. . .  (with EMTs very close by)
Running for the cannonball!
Getting out super quickly. . .
to get to the hot tub!  I told Brett later that I would only start talking about jumping in the lake fo $1000, and that was if I got to keep all the money.  Brett said he would start thinking about throwing me in for $300!  I told him I would probably never forgive him. . . he smiled and said, "sure you would!"  I believe I'll watch my back in Febuary at Lake Louise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment